Monday, December 16, 2002

I went to go see Star Trek last night with my father. I understand a lot of the gripes people have with it-it is somewhat of a retelling of past Star Trek episodes/movies. I can see Rick Berman (the current head of the Star Trek legacy) going to the script fast food restaurant and telling the kid at the register, pointing to the sign behind him, that he wants one of those Khan burgers, but hold the mayo. But you know what? I think the story is a good one and worth retelling. The only thing I'm kind of disappointed about is that they were so ham fisted in foreshadowing what was going to happen next. It kind of felt like they were treating the audience as complete idiots who were totally unfamiliar with the conventions of Star Trek.

But to be honest I'm going to go see it again. Maybe next weekend.