Friday, February 21, 2003

I looks like it's been a while since I made an update. A lot is going on-

My car is in the throws of death. My Pops and I replaced some wheel bearings, but now it just threw a spark plug, stripping the thread from the head. But, due to the current economic status of the Michael Kohout household, I don't think I have the option of getting a new car right now. So we're going to fix it. Either we'll get a new head or we'll try to put in a new screw thread.

I read a whole book. I ended up buying 'About a Boy,' the book by Nick Hornby. I read it in two days...nice book. Today I ordered 'High Fidelity' from Amazon. Till then, I've dug out some old Mark Twain-right now I'm reading 'The Guilded Age.'

At the end of last month I helped a bunch of friends move into their new places. That sucked. For how much they told me not to worry about them spilling shit all over my new carpet (which I own, and don't rent, unlike them), they weren't afraid to tell me to keep their new, rented carpet spotless. Fucking assholes. Well, they aren't that bad. And I'm not nearly so mad at them for (potentially) runing my carpet (as I decided I want to replace it with a wood floor) as it was for them to move out to Oakdale. Which is all the way on the other side of the fucking city. Which makes it really hard to hang out.

And on a good note I went to a poetry slam where Meghan performed. She did good, and I had a good time.

So that's that. Later.