Tuesday, July 29, 2003

well, I did the Iowa bike trip. The milage ended up being about 470 miles, and my average speed was about 13 miles an hour (when I rode alone-my sis also went, and when I rode with her, I went much slower).

A couple interesting things happened.

1) The team I rode with was named "The Loons." Which, as you might guess (or not), ment that we had to have cloth loon heads put on our helmets. They looked......stylin'. Oh yeah.

2) Howard Dean, the presidental candidate, rode the ride a little bit. Check out the reference in this slate article.

3) Next year, after ragbrai, I'm going to ride France. I bought a tourbook today. This is a sure thing. Does anyone want to help me pay for it?

4) I decided I'd keep looking for a new house. The old people are too much.

that's it. oh, today I bought the new Jane's Addiction record...I'm kinda pumped.

later!