Monday, June 20, 2005

Last week I was really busy loading a bunch of albums onto my computer, as a friend and I had bought another friend an iPod(20 GB'er), and I wanted to load it up with a bunch of quality stuff. Well, this lead me to load a bunch of stuff up I hadn't listened to in a while....and I discovered this great Duke Ellington Record I hadn't thought about in a while. It's called "Money Jungle" and it's Duke on Piano, Charles Mingus on bass, and Max Roach on drums. It's just awesome.

So, as a result, I've decided that next month will be the month I rediscover my record collection. Play everything. Remember why I liked it so much at the time.

For the first album I picked Soul Asylum's "After the Flood" live album. It's a shame Karl went off and died. Marnie and I caught Karl Mueller's second to last show(at Gluek's). Great live band.