Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Wow-what a great weekend. On Friday night, I intended to go to a friend of mine's concert...but I guess I never made it that far.

Instead I went to a birthday party for this girl I know a little bit. It was a good time, but we (Joey, Eric Churchill-who was in town for the day, and Jordan-who will be in town for the next few weeks) left and we went to a house party. That lasted until 4am, and then I went home.

Saturday, I took the old man to see the Kevin Cosner film-it was ok. Then I rented 'Standing in the Shadows of Motown.' Excellent. I watched a few times. The general flow of the documentary was they got the backing band for Detroit-era Motown, and got them to tell their story(fyi-ONE BAND played on everything from Marvin Gaye's 'Let's get it On' to the Supremes' 'Momma told Me'). Then they had guest vocalists sing some songs with them. They had Joan Osborne sing a few with them, and she was incredible.

Sunday, we(my old man and I) measured out my brake lines so we could more easily replace them in the next few weeks. I was suprised how easy that went. Hopefully replacing them will also be pretty easy.