Friday, March 04, 2005

I finished reading A Million Little Pieces last night...It's an excellent book.

The last few books I've read have been Tender is the Night, A Million Little Pieces, The Collected Poems of Paul Celan, and Dry by Augustine Burroughs. It hit me that I've been reading some really...disfunctional books lately. Books about drug addiction, mental illness, and/or social stigmatization. I think my next book is going to be fun. A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Last night, at class this cute girl sat next to me.....We got to talking and afterwards we went to Grumpy's and talked, drank, and could barely contain our enthusiasm for their Tater-Tots. Saturday, we're going to the Kid Dakota show. Her name is Laura. She has a lit degree from Saint Cloud State. She works in a candle/craft type shop in Maple Grove. She drives a Saturn. She was also involved in Slam Poetry, and did volunteer work when the Finals where here a couple of years ago.

This might be fun....