Monday, September 02, 2002

Last night was the first night this weekend that I've slept at my place. I've been hanging out a lot with my buddy Matt Michels-who tomorrow morning is going home to Guam for three weeks. Friday night I helped him buy a portable MP3 player (he wanted the iPod but I talked him down to something that was $150 less and could hold twice the amount of data)....we did that until like 4am and I slept on his floor.

The next morning I told him he owed me $75 dollars more because I spent the night. And that my pimp would beat the shit out of me if I didn't bring it to him. That night, we went grocery shopping and watched "Entrapment". I fell asleep on the couch, right as Catherine Zeta Jones and Sean Connery were about to start their final mission. I'd like to see the ending sometime-it seemed like an ok movie.

Yesterday, I slept until 2pm then I got up and went on a bike ride. 20 miles or so-I went around Calhoun and Harriet a couple of times. I like the new rims so far. Then Joey called and we went and saw "Undisputed" with Wesley Snipes and Ving Rames. OK movie, but the leading characters seemed really one dimensional (especially Snipes'). Considering the story occurred in prison, and both men had been convicted of pretty heinous crimes(Snipes-murder, Rames-rape) , the movie totally failed to expose some of the men’s vulnerability, their shame (Rames managed to expose this a little bit), or their fear.

After we saw the movie, Joey and I went over to Matt’s place where Zack, Angie, Sarah, and Matt were. And we watched some of the “Lord of the Rings”. I left home right before the climatic battle where Aragon dies.

Today I’m going to go on another ride. Then eat at my parents.