Saturday, July 20, 2002

So I arrived at camp, today at about 6:00....about an hour and a half later than I thought. Thanks to the combined stupidity of of Greyhound (mostly their web site) and myself.

The short story is that the starting camp was at Sioux Center, and the ending destination of my ticket was Sioux City. They aren't the same city.

I think what happened is I typed in Sioux City as my ending destination but Greyhound's site is kind enough to select the city with the closest spelling if the destination city you typed isn't found. Try it yourself--enter minneapolis, mn and sioux center, ia as the starting and ending cities on www.greyhound.com .... then watch the magic!

If I remember, there was an error message but I guess I missed it. My fault.

Anyways, I got a cab for about $80 from Sioux City to Sioux Center and now all is well, just I'm now $80 poorer.

I also met a few people from the cities today-so I've got a ride home.

More updates (if possible) after tomorrow (or the next day, or the next day ......) which will refer to the actual ride.

I'm sweaty, tired, and dirty. And I'm getting up at 5:00 tomorrow to start riding.